The alt.fan.eddings FAQ version 2.0 + Add-on-section
Add-on section posted by
Version 2.0 + Add-on-section; last updated 21 February 1997
Notes from the webmaster:
There is now a new version of the FAQ available, version 3.0. I haven't been able to make an
HTML version yet but there will soon be a plain text version available for those who are interested.
A plain text version of the FAQ is available here.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have any of the corrections I made for this version.
Sarabian has recently released a set of updates and corrections to the FAQ,
pending the release of a new version. A plain text version is also available, and Kamion should have an HTML version ready
There's also a Windows™ helpfile version available. The zip-file is about 50 kB large.
You need WinZip
There is now a new version of the
FAQ written in Dynamic HTML. If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 4,
you may like to try it out.
- About David Eddings
- Biographical Information
- Titles (includes U.S. and British ISBNs,
and U.S. Publishers)
- German Titles
- Finnish Titles
- French Titles
- Swedish Titles
- Italian Titles
- Miscellaneous Information
- Omnibus Editions
- The Losers: Copyright date vs.
- Where to Write to David Eddings
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The systems of magic and worlds that
David Eddings have created don't always seem very logical. Why?
- I've got this great idea about who should
be in a movie...
- Gee, has anyone noticed that the plots of
Eddings' fantasies are all kind of similar?
- Editing errors
- The infamous Chaldan/Chamdar misprint
- The wandering L's
- Boneheaded errors
- The name of Brand's oldest son
- Illogical/inconsistent actions
- Durnik vs. Brill
- Dryads (a.k.a. The Thread That Will Not Die)
- Immortality (a.k.a. The Other Thread That Will
- What, precisely, does the mark on Garion's hand
- So, what exactly is on Garion's amulet?
- The meaning of 'Bel' and 'Pol'.
- Why isn't 'Durnik' called 'Beldurnik'?
- Why can't Zedar get out of that hole Belgarath
put him in?
- Speaking of Zedar, don't you think his
punishment was a bit too harsh?
- Terms that can be confused
- Illogical gaps in the story
- Who exactly has touched the Bhelliom?
- Sephrenia and Aphrael's flying
- What God is supporting Zalasta's spells when
he crashes Sephrenia and Vanion's wedding?
- Where do the renegade Styrics get their power?
- Why couldn't Sparhawk let King Wargun know that
he was looking for Bhelliom?
- Immortality (The Elenium Derivative)
- Will Eddings write more on Sparhawk and the
THE ALT.FAN.EDDINGS NEWSGROUP
- Will anyone here be offended if I choose a
character's name as my alias?
- Are there any rules on this newsgroup?
- Any special features I should watch for?
- Who the heck is Celine and what does she have
to do with Eddings?
- Eddings Resources
- alt.fan.eddings newsgroup
- IRC #eddings
- Web pages
- The Recommended Fantasy Author List
- Credits and Thanks
This FAQ is maintained by
The original HTML version was created and is maintained by:
This version is individually rewritten by Jakob Persson for use at this website
This page uses frames. If your browser hasn't loaded the frames or if you're trapped inside someone else's frames, click here.
Last updated May 12th 1998
Note: Books, covers, book titles etc. are copyrighted either by David & Leigh Eddings and/or by their publishers.
Copyright © Jakob Persson 1997-1999