You Know You Read Too Much Eddings When...
Here are some of the reasons:
- You start naming your pets after the characters.
- You start naming your children after the characters.
- You paint a round rock "the size of a child's heart" blue, and warn
family members that only you can touch it.
- You wonder why Silk lied about his age in King of the Murgos.
- You spend an hour after reading each of the following: the Belgariad,
the Malloreon, Belgarath the Sorcerer, and Polgara
the Sorceress, to calculate each character's age.
- You recorded each year the characters were born.
- Your mom faints after seeing that your beautiful black hair now sports a
white lock just above your left brow.
- You hand sew little medieval costumes, and steal your little sisters
Barbies, so you now have all the characters sitting on the top of your
- You wonder why Barak's son Unrak was growing a beard at age 9.
- For Halloween you dress up as one of the characters in one of the many
- You gather your Will right before the artificial volcanoe in Las Vegas
erupts and pretend to be Polgara distracting the Gromlins.
- You write a six page report on the Will and the Word for your English
- You start thinking ~Well they made Xena Warrior Princess, how would MGM
feel about Polgara the Sorceress!~
- You realize that Star Wars was a great series of movies that will be
getting prequels so the Bel/Mal and it's prequels will be a great success.
- You watch hundreds of Discovery Channel specials on Wolves in order to
memorize all of their physical characteristics--- and then prepare to
- You see someone that you've been avoiding, and you try to put them to
sleep with your Will so you could sneak past.
- You learn to play a set of shepards pipes.
- Your mother threatens to confiscate all of your Eddings books if you
sigh and ask "Why me?" just one more time.
- You take sign language courses in order to be more like Silk.
- You spend the day comparing a world map to the world map in the
begining of Belgarath in hopes to find similarities.
- You petition to have your hometown renamed Cimmura.
- You insist on calling your uncle, who owns a farm, Faldor.
- Your boyfriend dumps you after getting fed up with you always talking
about someone named Berit.
- You and your other Eddings fan friends debate on who would win in a
fight between Garion and Sparhawk.
- You grow your short black hair down to your shoulders, and take fencing
lessons, in hopes of becoming more like Sarabian.
- You are the proud owner of the original 1984 release of the Belgariad:
- You buy both the hard cover and the paperback release of every book.
- You start to celebrate Erastide.
- You try to get into fights so you'll break your nose and look more like
- You start calling everyone 'neighbor'.
- You ditch school one day and try to find your town's version of Platime.
- You realize that everyone of the titles in the Malloreon has 'of' in it.
- You find the references to gemstones in the titles of the Elenium funny.
- You get grounded for calling your mom 'little mother' constantly.
- The guy named Garion at your school is scared of you because you keep
telling him that there already is a wife chosen for him.
- You spend hours walking back and forth trying to perfect the swishing
of your hips.
- You are scared of orange lava lamps because it makes you think of the
- You wonder if Liselle and Silk will have a boy or a girl.
- You know for a fact that David Eddings, and not Leigh, created the
- You hunt all the candle stores near you looking for a blue rose shaped one.
- You start calling your grandfather "Old Wolf".
- You pick your online handle and passwords from Eddings books.
- You realize that every single Nyissan name has the letters in the name
"Issa" in them.
- You finish a series and start to miss the characters.
- When you find yourself bellowing "Torak's Teeth" at the top of your
lungs when something really ticks you off.
- You dig through all the books of the Bel./Mal. so that you can compile a
complete copy of the Mrin Codex and try to understand the Prophecy and figure out
Do you have some funny YKYRTMEWs?
| This YKYRTMEWs list is maintained and compiled by Adara. If
you have any contributions to this list then send them to Adara at email@example.com
This page uses frames. If your browser hasn't loaded the frames or if you're trapped inside someone else's frames, click here.
Last updated May 9th 1998
Note: Books, covers, book titles etc. are copyrighted either by David & Leigh Eddings and/or by their publishers.
Copyright © Jakob Persson 1997-1999